G & L JB2 Jazz Bass Gloss Natural - 2008
The JB-2's classic Alnico V pickups have tone reminiscent of the best examples from the early 60s, thanks to the work of Paul Gagon, G&L VP Engineering. Gagon found his inspiration reviewing original prints stored in Leo Fender's private laboratory at G&L, but that was just the start. About 30 years ago, Gagon was an R&D engineer at another company when he was tasked with finding out what was so special about the early bolt-on basses many players raved about.
The G&L JB-2 is all about refinement, blending "holy grail" Alnico single-coil tone with modern Leo Fender improvements.
- 34" ScaleTwo Leo Fender-designed / Paul Gagon-specified G&L Alnico single-coil pickups
- Swamp Ash body
- Hard-Rock Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
- Medium C shape neck profile
- 22 medium jumbo frets
- Traditional nickel open-back tuning keys
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock bridge
- Dual-volume and master tone electronics
- G&L gig bag included
- Serial: 080320660